Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"I'll Give You Something To Write About!"

"Don't Play With That."

I just love it when something so simple can bring about such a hearty laugh; and then bring a smile several times the next day.

I'm so happy and so comfortable with Clay, it's just amazing. I haven't felt that way in a long, long time. It's so nice to feel "settled in" without feeling like I've "settled for." I'm so glad I don't have to worry about silly little things anymore; little piddly stuff that used to really stress me out isn't even a concern anymore. It's great to feel comfy, like my heart is at home and the rest of me isn't worried either.

Happy & comfy... He's not gonna fan the door and yell "Are ya cold yet?" while I'm combing my wet hair, I'm not gonna catch him out in the driveway emptying everything out of my car into a big cardboard box, he's not gonna mess with any of my friends, he's not gonna spring some stupid witch/warlock/multiple-personalities bullsh!t on me.

He's damn sure not gonna jerk open the shower curtain and pee on me while I'm taking a shower. Now, I'll admit, if you're gonna get peed on, the shower is about the only place where you could wash it right off right then; but a man who'll do that to you doesn't have any respect for you -- and if you'll stay with a man who doesn't respect you, then you probably don't respect yourself; hey, if you don't, who will?

No other man has come anywhere close to a straight-n-simple "Don't play with that," because I'd never let my guard down... And it's sooooo nice to just relax and not have to be on-guard all the time.