Tuesday, September 18, 2007

D-i-s-j-o-i-n-t-e-d Tuesday!

Well, helloooooo Disjointed Tuesday! Remember "Two-For-Tuesday?" Are they still doing that or not? It's been so long since I tuned in any FM Radio besides NPR, I'm not even sure what's goin' on with that ol' station I used to listen to all the time.

--

Might say I've kinda been away from NPR a bit lately too though... I'm within an hour and fifteen minutes of finishing this fourteen-hour AudioBook that I've been hooked on the last few weeks. So far, it's been predictably unpredictable; just when I think I might know where it's going, it takes a twist. I've had several "Driveway Moments" waiting to hear the end of a chapter or find a stopping place.

--

I can hear the Shop-Vac running outside the back door, apparently someone looked me right in the eyes while I was talking but did not hear me say "I'm gonna be here cleanin' up this car after work today..." I am not at all irritated at the idea of not having to bend and reach and stretch to vacuum a car, I really don't mind just sittin' on my ass while I wait for my buddy to get here to pick up this starter tonight. What irritates me is that someone thought he'd win himself a chance to bitch about how he's out there running the Shop-Vac because I'm not.

--

Eh, it kinda figures that the one time I plan on doing something and don't bring any knitting with me, I'm presented with a perfect opportunity to grab a little knitting time...

--

Speaking of knitting, if any of y'all who are reading this happen to be knitters, I've got a little just-curious question for ya: Which hand to you carry your yarn on? I learned what I know from books, so I've just kinda picked up what I've picked up on my own, along with some very nice online videos... But I'm wondering if I'm an oddball -- I'm right-handed, and when I knit, I carry the yarn on my right hand. When I crochet, I carry the yarn on my left hand because it just seems to work that way; but when I knit, I wind it around my right hand and it just seems to work that way.

--

Aha, hey, a couple dis-jointed's ago, when I was wondering about somebody havin' a fit about cleanin' that car? Sometmes workin' with the family is a bitch, but Dad's back now, and as of this moment, all I can think of to say is "HA." Or maybe a long-slow-nightmare-ish "Hwah hwah hwah hwah," because after all, I have been listening to a Horror Novel on my iPod... Thanks for sweepin', now will ya hit the windows while you're at it??

--

Holy Crap, Dude, if I say "I gotta go buy the tag for my car soon," will you beat-me-to-it and do that for me too? I'd appreciate the hell outta that... How late is the Tag Agency open today?

--

I've had quite a few reactions to the "signage" on the van, I've almost considered puttin' it on the back glass of this other car if I end up switchin' again, but it cuts down on the "Incognito Factor," which sorta defeats the whole incognito idea... I still think it's still a shitty deal that Bell's got the boot, and I'm still not goin' to the Fair because it just ain't right the way they did that. Hey, I get in free, but I'm still too pissed off to go. My oldest brother (who has "Peace Didn't Work, Give War A Chance" on the bumper of his truck) says I should put somethin' up about the River, but my thoughts on that are way more wordy than the "No Bell's = No Fair!" that's on the back glass right now. Seriously, have they not noticed that stink that hangs over the river and how that smell never really disappears unless it's flooding?? Could be an interesting idea, but cool as it would be to go hang out by the river, it's just too polluted and too far gone, and there are too many other things that need fixing first. But I'm not really goin' into that here...

--

While I'm thinkin' about that car tag, have ya noticed that the State Of Oklahoma wants you to pay extra if you use a credit card?? It's been a while since we had a credit card machine here, but it seems like I remember reading in the Terms Of Service that it was against the rules for merchants to charge fees or raise prices for credit card users. Hmmm...

--

I have LP's on my iPod now, and I think that's a pretty sweet deal. If you've got any Vinyl layin' around, take a look at those USB Turntables at Guitar Center. We played with it a good bit over the weekend, and I'm impressed! I give it a thumbs-up; it was relatively easy to set up and use, and the MP3 files sound real nice. I like it a lot!

--

"This call may be monitored or recorded for training or quality-assurance purposes."

Okay, how'bout:

"This call may be monitored or recorded for entertainment or laughter-inducing purposes."

Because seriously, the word "Buick" does not have an "r" in it. It just doesn't.

--

That's all I've got for right now... More later... _\,,/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home