Thursday, October 25, 2007

Disjointed Thursday!

Well, I had this nice long post in the works about how awesome it is to have friends who'll crawl under your car to try to give ya a hand even when there's a storm coming; and how great it is to have friends who'll get ya some dinner or give ya a ride somewhere; and also how great it is to have friends who'll call to see if you need to borrow a car to get home & get to work the next day. It's also great to think somebody cares enough to make that offer even when that car is a schweet little hotrod Miata... It's good to have friends like that, it really is.

Also part of that potential post was a rant about a family member who'd drank so much that same night that he barely knew who I was on the phone, and had no idea what I was talking about when I asked where to look for the plug to reconnect the wire that had fallen off (hence me & a friend being under the Windstar), he actually asked "What van?"

--

I was kinda in the middle of that potential post when an interesting thing happened... Three guys in a big Chevy Van showed up Tuesday afternoon and looked over a few of the cars out front. They asked if we had anything else out back, and after they'd checked out one in the back building, they noticed the ol' Velvetteen Rabbit Windstar sittin' under the awning. Amazingly enough, before I could "drive the last of the transmission out of it" and think about partin' it out, it sold. They bought five cars all together, handed over cash, and started puzzlin' over how to get 'em back to Dallas. All three guys were totally busy like a well-oiled machine, unloading chains and parts and tools out of the back of the Chevy while I was stackin' my crap out of the Windstar, and lemme tell ya, I was very glad I'd hung onto that blue plastic storage bin... Once I'd made sure I didn't leave anything in there (except the frog), they loaded it onto a tow dolly behind the big Chevy -- they bolted tow bars onto two of the others, chained 'em up in pairs, and the three guys took off with their two cars, two trucks, and two vans. It was quite a sight.

--

I mailed off my AAA Registration anyway though; still never know what I might end up runnin' around in.

--

The fun part: we just finished fixin' this fire-engine-red Mustang, it's got that bodyshop smell and it's perrrrrrrty. So when Dad said "So, how you gettin' home?" I couldn't resist. It's nice (for a 6-cylinder), and I like it, even in red. I'm holdin' out for a V-8 in black or blue or green or maybe silver. Manual or automatic, you can surprise me... It's a good feelin' car though, I think I'll add "V-8 Mustang" to the list -- whichever I find a good deal on first, New Hemi Challenger, Powerstroke Excursion, or V-8 Mustang. But I'm still keepin' the SHO. ;)

--

Last night I finished the last of the knitting on Little Miss Caroline's stripedy sweater. I really like the way it works with the stripes, it takes the guesswork out of knowing when it's long enough and it's time to stop -- it's soooooo much easier to count the stripes and match 'em up instead of trying to figure out if I've made too many rows or if I stretched it a little bit when I was measuring. Button hole placement is very easy with the stripes as well -- four stripes then make a hole is a lot easier to line up than worrying if I stretched it a bit too. The Stripes make for a lot of ends to weave in, but they're totally worth it, I like the looks of it, I'm real happy with how it turned out. So tonight, I'll be stitching seams and weaving in ends and hopefully gettin' it ready to mail!

--

It got awful freakin' cold around here, awful freakin' fast.

--

The Gourds are playin' in Tulsa this Friday (eh, I just realized that's tomorrow), and I can't wait to see 'em!!

--

The Crab is gettin' married Saturday, and I think I've finally found something to wear... I didn't want to wear "that one dress" because it's been seen way too much at other dressy events; so I spent a good part of the weekend dragging Clay (and eventually draggin' my own tracks out as well) from store to store in hopes of finding something that wasn't "totally not me." I didn't have much luck. Really, it shouldn't be that hard, I just want something dressy-ish that isn't black and doesn't look like Grandpa's pajama top. Why is everything hangin' in the stores so hurtfully ugly lately?? I tried on one dress but niether one of us liked it much at all... Finally, Monday after class I ended up at "Fashion Bug" (a store I'd never set foot in before) and I found a nifty little blue & white skirt that should look okay with a white top -- so I'm

--

Wait, I just moved my freakin' purse so you wouldn't spray gas on it while you were testing that fuel pump over there by the power converter, so why the hell are you dangling a drippy fucking fuel pump over here on top of the CPU where I moved my gawdamn purse to keep it from getting gas on it? Move it, bitch, NOW!

--

Where was I? Oh yeah, "Fashion Bug." They had quite a few pieces of the hurtfully ugly stuff like the other stores, but they also had some cute stuff too -- and a big, big clearance rack, so I picked up a handful of three dollar tops for next summer along with my new skirt; which would go with any of those tops, if only it wasn't so damn cold and I wasn't so damn pale right now.

--

We finally tried Sperry's newest dining establishment, so far I'm impressed; and it's not just the Wi-Fi that wins my vote. I'm sure there are noses wrinkling at this, but the Fried Green Beans are excellent, so excellent I didn't even touch the Ranch "dipping sauce."

--

More later... Is it time to go home yet??

_\,,/

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home