Wednesday, February 13, 2008

MySp@ce-ish, but oh well.

Since Robin finished it off the line about "if you're reading this," I figured I'd go for it. Ta-daaaaa!

What were you doing 10 years ago?


Ten Years Ago... 21 and comin' up on Valentine's Day... I was in the midst of an ugly break-up and had cried/begged/pleaded my way into one last date with him for Valentine's, even after he'd accused me of driving through the parking lot of his apartment complex. We saw "The Wedding Singer" and that night as I was taking him home, we met a car as I was about to pull into a space. Looking at the headlights in the dark, he said "Look, a car just like mine." Though I didn't know much about self esteem (ie, begging/pleading), I knew my cars and light patterns. That wasn't like his car, it was just like my car, and as we got right up beside it, it was green and everything, almost exactly like my car. "Uh, there's that Green SHO that's been drivin' through your parking lot." Now, he's married, we're pretty good friends, and I still know that you can't tell anything by driving through the parking lot of an apartment complex where a thousand people live, and I'm still pretty sure that if I'm gonna go checkin' up on somebody, it's best to just grab a lot car instead of using my own. Incognito, baby.

What were you doing 1 year ago?


A year ago, I was getting ready for my second Valentine's Day with Clayton. I was also getting ready for my eighth season of racing; painting the new body on the Orange Twenty, and painting over the grey outlines where we'd peeled the old signs off of the Ambulance to make way for the Funeral Home's "Second Responder" signs. Those were such a hit, instant recognition and the ultimate conversational ice-breaker.

Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Chips with dip; tortilla chips with salsa or queso or cream cheese & salsa, or potato chips with french onion or sour cream & onion or ranch or...
2. I've recently discovered the magic of Orange Creme Yogurt; it's amazing, like sherbet only without the brain-freeze.
3. Cheetos, Cheez-It's, or other crunchy-cheesy-not-so-healthy items.
4. Cheese, ordinary, American Cheese, the cellophane-wrapped grab-n-eat slices.
5. I could still just keep eatin' bacon 'til I'm sick and tired of standin' there fryin' it.

Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
1. Willie Nelson's "Last Thing I Needed First Thing This Morning"
2. The Gourds' "Burn The Honeysuckle"
3. Robert Earl Keen's "The Road Goes On Forever"
4. Widespread Panic's "Can't Get High"
5. James McMurtry's "Choctaw Bingo"

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. See all fifty states and several landmarks (and also stop by to see Robin, who posted this before me).
2. Track down a red & black '72 Pantera. Make that a pair so My Dad can have one too.
3. Pre-order a New Dodge Challenger.
4. Build a one-of-a-kind house way out in the middle of a couple hundred acres.
5. Probably just go batshit... Heh.

Five bad habits:
1. Not eating healthy enough.
2. Procrastinating.
3. Wondering if I'm good enough/worthy enough, constantly doubting myself in several different ways.
4. Sometimes I say things I shouldn't, and other times I keep quiet when wish I had the guts to stand up.
5. The Pins, I scratch my ears with 'em, and I keep 'em stashed in dozens of places especially for that purpose.

Five things you like doing:
1. The Twenty.
2. Knitting.
3. Music-Music-Music, and occasionally AudioBooks.
4. Rockin' down the highway -- and hearin' the shock in Clay's voice when he hears it only took me sixteen minutes to get home from his house.
5. Runnin' around in a different car any time I get the chance.

Five things you would never wear again:
1. Spandex (as outerwear or anything other than a swimsuit).
2. "Lay-Down" Jeans (or jeans with "severe spill-over").
3. That "cowboy" shirt with the "Rocky Mountain" logos all over it.
4. Pants that involve any form of Vel-Cro.
5. A Levi Jacket over the top of a nice dress.

Five favorite toys:
1. MacBook
2. Just about anything creativity-related.
3. Dirt Racer (or any other form of rollin' stock).
4. I’m not telling you anything except that it takes batteries.
5. Ipod/Camera/The usual electronic gadgets.

If you’re reading this, consider yourself tagged.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home