Sunday, August 31, 2008

D-i-s-j-o-i-n-t-e-d.

Right this minute, there are ten lovely recipes for Tortilla Soup in the bag with this computer. A couple of 'em really have me captivated, but it's still just too hot for any sort of soup. Most of them are newspaper or magazine clippings, one is hand-written, and they've all been oh-so-carefully laid into the photocopier so as to fit on standard-size paper, and then clipped together with a classy orange paperclip, and given to me in a lovely moment of well-planned kindness.

--

It's Labor Day Weekend, I got the green car thirteen years ago this weekend. Wow. Some things are the same, some things are different, some things are stunning.

--

I finally gave in and set up "Google Reader," and I like it! It's really cut down on my staring at the computer half bored and half trying to remember which bookmarks I've checked lately.

--

Right this minute, there's an older lady on TV sitting at a desk that looks a lot like a news desk. She's holding a big v!be, one of those monsters with the rotating beads and all that, right there on TV. Gah, did I say something about stunning a few lines back? This outdoes it.

--

That baby blanket that I mentioned a few posts ago is past the halfway point now, and I like how it's turning out. I wondered how the corners at the ends of the center stripe were going to work out -- they look a lot better than I thought they would. It's good to be on the downhill side, even if I do have until February.

--

This lady on TV, I'm thinkin' I like her. She's taking calls and right now, she's explaining head (I didn't use the usual verb in front of that, so the Go0glers can just think that's a car part or body part instead of an activity). She's tellin' this guy who's never done it how to go about it, bless her heart. Wow.

--

I really thought I had more to write, but now I can't remember... The TV is polluting my mind...

More later. _\,,/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home