Friday, November 03, 2006

Finally Friday!

Well, since I'm posting every day, I feel I should at least maintain a little continuity from yesterday... Last night was anx-free; I slept like a basket of fuzzy little baby kittens, which is fitting when you consider that twice last night, I stirred a bit to find my little Hannah Kitty under the blanket in a curled-up little ball pressed against my knee. When a critter that has a built-in fur coat is willing to get under a blanket, you know it's cold. Ah yes, winter is here.

It's not that we don't have heat, it's just that I'm not the one in charge of the thermostat. It seems to work out easier that way -- I don't mind sleepin' with socks & sweatpants on if it means I'm gettin' b!tched at a little less.

"You Kids Stay Away From That! Don't You Dare Touch The Thermostat!!!"

Well, okay, I'm almost thirty now, I might be able to get away with it -- but I still usually leave it alone and just don't mess with it. I don't move it, anyway...

In the summer, when it starts gettin' a little warm in the house, I've been known to use a little trick my middle brother showed me. Put your hands on the wall and your mouth to your hands; think hot thoughts and blow hot air into the thermostat -- it tricks the AC into coming on. And hey, when Mom yells about it, it's totally honest to say "I didn't touch it!!!"

I thought about fixin' a cup of ice to trick it into some heat last night, but to tell ya the truth, it was a lot easier to just grab those sweatpants and get back under the blanket. Uh, yeah, I guess I'm too lazy to open a door & walk six feet to the thermostat -- but that would've put me in the cold air a lot longer than the two feet I had to reach across to get my warm pants!

See? I'm not lazy, I'm a thinker.

More later... _\,,/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home