Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Minute For Sharon Mae...

I had strange dreams last night; and I need to make a couple calls to check on a couple friends to make sure their families are alright. Don't worry, I'm not gonna dial anybody up and say, "I had this dream that you..." Nuh-uh, that's not cool. I already worry about what a shitty friend I am 'cause the voicemail picked up when he called to tell me his Mom had died -- I'm not even bringin' anything like that up; I'll just call to say "Hey" and check in.

What really got me was that I woke up all panic-y after that -- I should know that I'm likely to believe the crap of my nightmares; after all, I'm that chick who nearly pis$ed the bed at twenty-something becuase I'd dreamed that an old friend of mine was dead in my bathtub. It took me about an hour to wake myself up enough to realize it was a dream, just go pee already. Shhh, don't tell anybody, but hey, I'll believe almost anything ya say to me when I'm half-asleep; so apparently I'll also believe anything my dreaming mind tells me too. Oh yeah, I should get in touch with her too...

Fighting off the panic-ish feeling for what seemed like forever ('cause that's how it is, it feels like forever when I'm in the middle of it), I was in the can fighting off Taco-Bell's-Revenge (probably part of what woke me up to begin with) when my alarm went off. I really thought I'd made one of those "healthier choices" gettin' 'Bell instead of McD's, but apparently not. When I ordered my Chicken Quesadilla & Cheese Nachos, I really thought I was doin' better than the bag of fried garbage I'd usually get at a burger joint. Not so. Seven dollars and forty two cents for a dinner that gave me the shits -- I could've ate cheaper and not got sick if I'd got Clown Chow instead; but oh well. Eating it at 8:30 might not have been a good idea either, but anyway...

If that's not enough, my "Horoscope" for today said something about "Tonight: Like There's No Tomorrow." One of these days I'll learn to avoid that crap too.

Since I was up earlier than usual, it worked out okay for me to actually do somethin' with my hair (instead of just comin' to work straight outta the towel like I usually do) and get dressed halfway "nice" just in case Dad wanted me to go with him to that funeral. Gawd, funerals are really somethin' -- When Grandma died, it didn't really hit me 'til a couple days later, when I got to lookin' through my wedding stuff and thinkin' about how she was the only one who was excited about it. I cried at the funeral, yeah, but it was mostly from watchin' what My Dad was dealin' with -- and his bitchy sisters cried too, but I'm sure that was mostly from knowin' they were each one step closer to the front of the line to get on the bus to hell. Uh, yeah, I'm still not over what they were doin' to their Mom...

I know it's awful, but a little part of me kinda hoped I might get to be there just in case I had the chance to make the difference between a Dallas/Dynasty hair-pullin' screechy cat fight and a full-on teeth-rakin' jersey-rippin' Hockey fight.

There's only a teensy little part of me that feels bad for thinkin' about how fun it would be to catch that ol' bag mouthin' at My Dad and just take her to the floor and start beatin' the sh!t out of her, whether she'd got the last hot roller out of the back of her hair or not, I'd just take her and shake her 'til all of Grandma's jewelry fell out of her orifi. Did I spell that right? Orfices? Orifi? Oh well...

Yeah, maybe that makes me a bit of a horrible b!tch -- but hey, When In Rome...

More later... _\,,/

PS: Here's a tidbit that my more "obsessive" readers might get a kick out of: It's NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month), and even though I remember NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), I did not participate. Way, waaaaay back when I got my first PC (yes, I actually had an IBM PC in my house years ago), I'd started on a little "Novel" project. Even though it never really went anywhere; here I am, several years later typin' on that same keyboard. The very same keyboard. I guess it's a good thing I didn't toss that ol' IBM out when Y2K killed it, 'cause we were glad to have this spare keyboard when we had to replace the dead terminal on this end of the counter.

So, if you need parts like a 2400 Modem or a 5.25" floppy drive out of a 33 Mhz first-of-the-Intel-machines Packard Bell, e-mail me... Heh heh...

1 Comments:

Blogger Rashenbo said...

Found you off the nablo list... :) Wanted to say hi since I stopped by.

Cheers.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home