Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Eve...

Well, I almost finished the third Christmas Scarf last night -- I just have to put the fringe on the other end and I'll be ready to start on the next one. I'd love to share pictures, but I worry that a couple of my potential recipients may also be blog readers... So I ain't ruinin' any surprises here. It's all I can think about -- hello, addictive personality; all I wanna do is get outta here so I can go knit.

I've done my bit of grocery shopping and I've got the stuff for the dip to take to my family get-together... Crap, I forgot the chips, I'll have to get those on the way. I also got the stuff for the uber-popular Chocolate Eclair to take to Clay's family get-together; and I'm also gonna try something totally different this year. I'm takin' "Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish" too, just because it sounded mildly interesting when they were talkin' about it on NPR yesterday.

I'm almost thinkin' about goin' back to the store for a spare batch of Elcair -- I could sit down with a pan and a spoon and a quart of milk and just forget about everything.

Oh, and one more thing... New MacBook: I want one so bad, I'm havin' dreams about it. The iBook is so close to death; now it's screwin' up my web browser and the html files for the dot-com. I can't get 'em to open up right at all; not from my files on the machine, and not through the web either. It's strange as can be, and I can't find anything messed up in my html, I tried editing and re-saving, I tried downloading it through FTP to get a new copy of the file and nothing works.

"Defect in the surface of the drive" -- that's what Norton's says about my iBook.

Fall of 2001 -- that's when the FedEx guy brought me my nifty snowy white iBook.

Five Years -- that's a reasonably long life for a laptop, right?

The width of three hairs -- that's how close I am to ordering a new MacBook.

More later... _\,,/

1 Comments:

Blogger kat said...

knitting is so addictive you just HAVE to do it.

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home