Friday, May 09, 2008

One for The Ninth Of May...

I didn't forget, I probably never will.

Six years seems so long, but so short. So close, but so far away.

I've come a long way, but there'll always be a little part of my heart right there close to you; listenin' to that "Red Headed Stranger" CD and harassin' the cat, or watchin' "Born In East LA" for the nine-hundred-and-thirty-fifth time and wipin' buttery popcorn fingers on the arm of the couch, or singin' in the kitchen and makin' grilled-cheese sandwiches with gobs of Miracle Whip oozin' out.

I still have no idea how anybody could stand so much of that Miracle Whip stuff, but...

Here's to you, David Paul, you wouldn't believe the way things have changed around here... Or the way they've stayed the same.

08-27-51 ~ 05-09-02

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home