Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Here's To You, Dr. Frederic Baur!

Wipe those salty hands on your jeans and hold your can high for Dr. Frederic Baur, the inventor of "Pringles."

Dr. Baur apparently died a while back -- sorry I'm late with this, but there was a fascinating piece on NPR this morning which reported that Dr. Baur had requested that his cremated remains be buried in a Pringles Can.

Is it sick that I wonder what flavor the can was from? Was it a brand-new can from the factory so as to avoid crumbs of flavory residue, or did the family get to pass around a fun snack in order to empty out the container for the occasion?

I'm guessing he may have chosen an original red can, but I could be wrong... I sure like the green ones, the Ranch and the Sour Cream & Onion. Honestly, I rarely buy 'em 'cause I know I'll almost never manage to put the lid back on. Much like the big bag of Cheetos, if I start in on 'em, my inner fat kid is probably gonna finish 'em off.

God bless ya, Dr. Frederic Baur, and today at lunch, I'll toast your memory with a can of Loaded Baked Potato Pringles!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home