Thursday, December 28, 2006

Yet Another Piece On Thankfulness...

Because It's The Twenty-Eighth Of December.

Life is good, and that's worth repeating. Life. Is. Good. It's not perfect, but it's good, and I'm thankful. I am thankful for many, many things; some small, some large; some tangible, some emotional; some insignificant, some amazing.

There are things that don't seem like much that just make me smile, and it's good to be happy. My body isn't perfect, but I'm reasonably healthy with the exception of the whole PCOS thing -- which seems fairly manageable, so that's something to be thankful for. My hair isn't perfect, but I'm thankful I'm still able to grow it. My teeth aren't perfect, but I'm thankful my mouth doesn't hurt anymore.

My car is twelve years old but it still makes me smile when I walk out of a store and see it across the parking lot -- I'm waiting for that 2-door Dodge Challenger to turn up at the local dealerships, and I'm thankful for reasonably decent credit that might actually stand a chance at getting it financed.

My job turns up enough money to pay my bills without turning up too much stress, and even though I bitch about it sometimes, I'm thankful that it's not any worse. I'm also thankful for that warm little feeling that makes me smile whenever I see Clay's picture sittin' on my desk.

My Cats shed hair everywhere and occasionally speeyack in the most inconvenient places, but I love that feeling when Shadow snuggles up against me or when Hannah jumps up onto my back.

I'm thankful I don't have to live with anyone who fishes money out of my purse or rips a check or two out of my checkbook and forgets to tell me 'til three days later. Since I mentioned my purse, it's one more little thing that makes me smile when I see it from a distance -- even though it was a clearance sale item from an outlet store, I like it, I just do.

I sleep indoors under a comfy blanket, I eat well, probably not as healthy as I should, but I don't go hungry. I'm thankful to live in a free country where I can go where I want, do what I want, and not have to answer to anyone for it. I'm thankful to be a part of a nice little church and a great group of fun and friendly folks. I'm thankful to be involved in a sport that I love; a sport where thirty or forty years ago women were not even allowed to be involved behind the scenes, let alone participate.

Life's about being thankful for little things that make ya happy; like Jill Conner Browne said, "Life's too short, and too long, to mess with anything that doesn't make your heart sing."

Most of all, I'm thankful for God's Grace and Mercy; because I remember where I was eleven years ago today, at the lowest point of my entire life. I've come a long, long way, and it's good to be here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home