Friday, December 07, 2007

FREE!!!

I'll admit it, I'm addicted to MySp@ce. I just am. I don't know how I ended up hooked like I am, but I am, and that's that.

There's one little thing that irritates me: The Ads.

Nobody's giving any large electronic items away, they're just not. There's not any real person in the world who was handed a FREE computer or MP3 player or game console without first spending a buttload of money on whatever "participation" was required. Sure, you don't pay for the computer, but you pay enough for three computers on whatever subscription or service or whatever else you might be required to take part in to get your freebie.

Yesterday when I went to the ATM, there were two little stand-up card holders with stacks of 3x5 cards in them. Closer inspection revealed recipes -- one for spaghetti with chicken, and one for something else that I can't remember because it didn't sound like anything I'd be willing to cook or eat. Hey, a free recipe, how nice of my bank...

You can get a free phonebook at the post office. You can get a free calendar at the bank, or a free recipe at the ATM. You can walk right in here to my desk and get a free map to other salvage yards. If anybody was giving away FREE computers, there'd be a stack of 'em layin' out somewhere, don't ya think?

If you want a computer, just go buy one; it'll be cheaper that way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home